Friday, November 29, 2013

Give Thanks

With the holiday weekend about halfway through, I've reflected on the goodness that Thanksgiving brings. We have so many things to be thankful for in our lives. I'm thankful for my family, friends, our practice, patients and supporters. I'm thankful to be blessed with a wonderful staff and an environment that makes me happy every single day. I'm very thankful for smiles.

I'm also thankful for things like the Texas Hill Country, a great dinner, good hugs and memorable vacations. Even the little things like an extra kick of customer service or a simple thank you. There are so many things that we can be thankful for on a daily basis. The reason that Thanksgiving is so great is because it reminds us that we are to give and celebrate thanks for blessings of any shape or size. 

So, give thanks - not just yesterday or once a year, but rather, give it every day. Be thankful for what you have. When you feel gratitude for something that someone has done for you, show them that gratitude with a thank you, regardless of the form.

As W.J. Cameron once said, "Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action." 




No comments:

Post a Comment